GothamSchools is an independent news source about the New York City public schools.
We seek to correct an unfortunate confluence of events: The movement to improve urban schools is reaching a peak of energy while the journalism industry is crumbling. That means that both the achievements and challenges of the movement risk escaping the healthy scrutiny of a vibrant press corps.
In our Newsroom, we publish daily news and analysis about school politics, policy, and research. Commentary and diaries from participants in the school system, from educators to parents to researchers, can be found in our Community section.
We are an independent project of OpenPlans, a Manhattan-based nonprofit dedicated to empowering civil society through technology.
We offer many ways to follow along:
- Subscribe to our RSS feed or our daily news digest.
- Follow us on Twitter @GothamSchools.
- Find events on our calendar, or submit an upcoming event.
- Submit an op/ed to our Community section or apply to be a GothamSchools diarist.
- Send us story ideas, topics you’d like to see covered, feedback, and questions via email or anonymously.
- Comment on a post with your opinion, experience, or links to relevant information.