Thursday, October 10, 2013
Generation Ready (formerly AUSSIE), one of the nation’s largest providers of professional development and school improvement services, will host an education forum featuring internationally respected leaders in practice, policy and research.
New York City educators, policymakers and community members will discuss key education topics facing New York City Schools, including Common Core State Standards, the district’s Middle School Quality Initiative surrounding literacy and how professional development can raise school achievement while aligning with Chancellor Walcott’s new instructional expectations.
A wine and cheese reception will start at 4:30 p.m., followed by a panel discussion by:
- Dr. Richard F. Elmore – Gregory R. Anrig Professor of Education Leadership, Administration, Planning and Social Policy, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Dr. Pedro Noguera – Peter L. Agnew Professor of Education, New York University
- Dr. Michael Ward – Associate Member of the Graduate Faculty in Educational Leadership, University of Southern Mississippi
- Ms. Sheena Hervey – Chief Academic Officer, Generation Ready
To RSVP for the event, please visit generationready.eventbrite.com
- October 10, 2013 4:30 pm
- Affinia Manhattan Ballroom 371 7th Ave., Manhattan