February 13, 2009
- Arne Duncan is getting $650 million in discretionary funds, way more than any ed sec has ever had.
- Check out Alexander Russo’s Twitter feed. He thinks Joel Klein should have gotten Duncan’s job.
- Why would a school take a field trip to Toys ‘R’ Us? NY Teacher doesn’t get it either.
- A lawmaker wants all parents to chat with their kids’ teachers or pay up.
- Everyone knows it takes food to make teenagers want to work on the weekends.
- JD2718 adds a middle school to his list of schools that are no fun for teachers.
- An Insideschools poll finds that parents wish high school admissions letters were mailed home.
- Down in Philadelphia, there’s a new schools blog online, courtesy of The Notebook.